Sunday 27 September, 11am – 6pm, at Windmill Hill City Farm: £3 entry, under 12s go free.
Those who visit will be able to watch the freshest local produce being cooked on a firepit in the paddock, take part in a pizza-making workshop, enjoy meat and veggies fresh from the farm on the barbecue, and explore and taste what our region has to offer from local producers’ stands. There will also be live music and local ales, along with a host of nature activities and games for children.
As well as promoting the importance of knowing where your food comes from and of supporting your local producers, the event will also highlight the unique partnership between the farm and fresh-range.com. Fresh-range will be delivering the fresh, free-range meat produced by Windmill Hill City Farm across Bristol and Bath this autumn. This means that customers can have locally reared meat such as rose veal, pork, lamb and goat delivered straight to their door. To be kept up-to-speed with order dates, just register at fresh-range.com.
Eat Local will include:
- Outdoor cooking on the fire pit from local author and chef Genevieve Taylor, using produce from fresh-range.com.
- Pizza making for kids in the outdoor kitchen with ‘BBC Cook of the Year’ Jo Ingleby.
- The chance to meet local food producers in our market area and sample their delicious produce.
- Loads of activities for kids, including seed planting, face painting, pond dipping and more.
- A delicious BBQ of meat straight from the farm and home-made veggie burgers.
- Local brews and more available from the bar.
- Cream teas and homemade cakes at Bristol’s ‘Best Family Friendly’ café.
- Live music from a host of local musicians.
- A chance to see all the new exciting developments at the farm, including the new public garden.