The first shipping containers set to be transformed into the second phase of Wapping Wharf’s CARGO are due to arrive on site today – Wednesday, December 14th.
CARGO 2 will make up Bristol’s first retail yard made of converted shipping containers, and will be home to a number of businesses, including the following announced today:
- Gambas – Gambas is the sister restaurant to Bristol tapas bar, Bravas, and willspecialise in prawns, seafood and authentic Andalusian tapas.
- Mabboo – Mabboo is an independent Bristol-based retailer specialising solely in clothing and accessories made using bamboo: the world’s most sustainable plant.
- Salt & Malt – Josh Eggleton will open a second Salt & Malt, serving his signature gluten free fish and chips, as well as holding popup events and tasting menus. Salt & Malt Cargo will include an outdoor terrace with views of The Matthew and Bristol’s Floating Harbour.
- The Athenian – The Athenian is a street food business following in the steps of traditional Greek souvlaki.
- John Kelly 1880+ – Selling design-led jewellery, silver and metalware, from around1880 to the present day, with a slant toward post-war Scandinavian and British design.
- Pure Yoga – Pure Yoga will be offering lunchtime express classes as well as early morning and evening classes for all levels.
- CUPP Bubble Tea – CUPP specialises in authentic Taiwanese bubble tea and noodles. CARGO 2 will be CUPP’s third opening in Bristol.
- The Pickled Brisket – Bristol’s first dedicated salt beef bar, serving locally-sourced hot salt beef sandwiches.
- Oliver’s Ice Cream Ltd – Oliver’s is coming to CARGO 2 to offer its artisan Italian ice cream (gelato) and sorbets made from almost entirely natural ingredients.
- Loop Massage – Loop will be a small, perfectly formed oasis of calm, offering bespoke, affordable massage to the frazzled people of Bristol.
- TARE – TARE will be a 20-cover restaurant, with a menu regularly changing throughout the year allowing the team to work with the season’s best local produce.
- Story @ Cargo – Story @ Cargo aims to become the neighbourhood butchery and take-away dedicated to using whole animals as much as possible: animals that are raised responsibly, often organic and always free-range.
- Roots Manuka – Roots Manuka will offer well-researched, healthy products.
- Pizzarova – Pizzarova opened 12 months ago on Gloucester Road. This will be their second fixed site selling delicious, fast, sourdough pizzas.
- Big Juice – Big Juice will provide nutritional, freshly-prepared fruit and vegetable juices and smoothies.
CARGO 2 will be made up of 49 containers, with the businesses occupying 38 of them and mainly shopping on the ground floor and restaurants above. It will be located next to CARGO 1, which includes 18 containers and is already open and home to Woky Ko, Chicken Shed, Shambarber, The Mighty Quinns Flower Emporium, PIGSTY, Bristol Cider Shop, BOX-E, Lovett Pies and Corks of Cargo.
CARGO 2 is due to open in early 2017.